I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School, Wellington, NZ. I am in Room 13 and a member of the amazing Pouakai Syndicate. My teacher is Ms Tito.

Sunday 19 August 2012

Ki O Rahi Facts

  • Ki o rahi has been played  by Maori for centuries.
  • During the first world war, princess Te Puea wanted the game ki o rahi to be revived.
  • ki o rahi resurfaced again during world war 2, the Maori battalion would play for money.
  • The Maori showed countries like France and Italy how to play ki o rahi.
  • In 2005 it was introduced to over 31000 schools in America!
  • Ki o rahi is based around the Maori legend of Rahi.
Dont know how to play? here is a video:http://youtu.be/gIzA44-Ebq0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve.