I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School, Wellington, NZ. I am in Room 13 and a member of the amazing Pouakai Syndicate. My teacher is Ms Tito.

Sunday 9 September 2012

Russian Fudge

In the weekend I had a go at making russian fudge, I liked making It because It was really fun,
I also found It easy. It tasted really yummy  But It had lots of suger which wasnt a problem for me but It was for my parents.

Here Is the recipe I used: (It Is from the chealsea suger website)

Ingredients

3 1/2 cups Chelsea White Sugar
125g butter
3 Tbsp Chelsea Golden Syrup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
200g sweetened condensed milk (half a standard tin)
2 tsp vanilla essence

Method

Place all the ingredients except the vanilla, into a medium-heavy saucepan. Warm over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved about 10-15 mins. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for about 5-10 minutes, until it reaches the soft ball stage (120°C).

Remove from the heat and add the vanilla. Beat until the fudge is creamy and thick and has lost its gloss. Pour into a greased 20cm cake pan. Score the top and break into pieces when cold

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve.